Warning after bird’s nest causes Gainsborough chimney fire

Firefighters have issued a warning after a bird’s nest caused a chimney fire near Gainsborough.

Crews from Gainsborough attended a property on High Street, Blyton, at 7.30pm last night (Saturday, September 8).

They used a rose reel and ladders to extinguish the blaze, caused by a bird’s nest within the chimney breast.

The service tweeted: “Please ensure you have your chimney swept before lighting open fires or multi-fuel stoves #sweepdontweep.”

https://www.gainsboroughstandard.co.uk/news/bassetlaw-welcomes-the-tour-of-britain-1-9340399

https://www.gainsboroughstandard.co.uk/news/jobs-boost-for-region-as-m-s-creates-1-000-christmas-roles-1-9340388

Firefighters were called to a property on High Street, Blyton. Photo: Google Images.

Firefighters were called to a property on High Street, Blyton. Photo: Google Images.