Firefighters tackle chimney fire near Gainsborough

Firefighters tackled a chimney fire at a home near Gainsborough.

Crews from Gainsborough arrived at the property on Stow Road, Willingham by Stow, at around 2pm yesterday (Thursday, May 30).

They used a water backpack and hand tools to remove some bricks to gain access around the fireplace.

The blaze was caused by a build up of soot in the chimney.

READ MORE: SERVICE MARKS OPENING OF NEW CREMATORIUM

Stow Road in Willingham by Stow. Pic: Google Images.

Stow Road in Willingham by Stow. Pic: Google Images.