Grill pan and oven fires in Doncaster

Fire and Rescue.
Fire and Rescue.

Firefighters were called out to two separate fires involving kitchen appliances over the festive period.

The first was a grill pan fire at Harewood Avenue in Kirk Sandall on Christmas Eve at 10.45pm. Crews from Doncaster and Thorne attended.

On Saturday, December 28, Edlington and Doncaster crews were called out to an address in Charles Street at 5.45pm.

It was reported as an oven fire but on attendance it was discovered that fat and grease inside the appliance was causing an amount of smoke.

Firefighters used fans.