The countdown to Bonfire Night is on, with less than one month to go.
Every year paramedics attend incidents at large organised events and at home gatherings.
Here’s a few simple steps on how to stay safe:
If you are under 18:
- You cannot buy fireworks
- You should never carry them in the street.
These rules apply to all:
- You should never throw or set off a firework in the street or in a public place
- You should never throw a firework into a road
- You are not allowed to set off fireworks between 11pm and 7am except on Bonfire Night (the curfew is between midnight and 7am), New Year’s Eve (the curfew is between 1am and 7am), Chinese New Year (the curfew is between 1am and 7am) and Diwali night (the curfew is between 1am and 7am)
- If you break the law on fireworks you could be sent to prison for up to six months or parents or carers could be fined.