A Flood Alert has been issued by the Environment Agency for the River Trent from Cromwell Weir to Gainsborough.
Flooding is possible on the river until 10.15pm, with low lying land and roads likely to be affected first.
The Environment Agency says residents need to be prepared to protect themselves, family, pets and property.
Flooding of low-lying agricultural land and roads is possible at Church Laneham to Rampton Road.
River levels are rising at the Torksey river gauge and low lying land and the foreshore is expected to flood at approximately 10.15pm this evening.
The Environment Agency is advising people to:
- Prepare a flood kit including a torch, batteries, mobile phone, warm clothes, water, food and any prescription medicines you may need.
- Avoid walking, cycling or driving through flood water.
- Farmers should consider moving livestock and equipment away from areas likely to flood.
- Keep an eye on local water levels and weather conditions. Visit the Environment Agency website www.gov.uk/environment-agency for river level and flooding information.
- Call Floodline on 0345 988 1188 using quickdial 052225 for up-to-date flooding information.