Ducks on the way down after two defeats
WEST LINDSEY INDOOR BOWLS CLUB
THE Misterton Mallards (M5) are now third in the Monday Daytime Triples.
The long-time leaders have lost their last two matches without being competitive.
Against Geoff Gray’s M1 the ducks were downed 22-7 but they did battle a bit better when losing 15-8 to new leaders Trevor Gaines’ M9.
M9 have won eight in a row to lead from Marjorie Ward’s M4, who have won seven out of eight, but M4’s only match against a top team resulted in a crucial 25-9 defeat to M9.
Audrey Rogers’ M8 have won four close matches in a row to be fourth and have an outside chance, and if Gaines’ team were to falter Roger’s outfit would be a major threat.
Against Barry Grocock’s M12, bottom team M8 were losing 8-2 but finished well to win 12-10.
Roy Marsh’s M3 are playing well but they are handicapped by a bad start to the season.
H H H
TOM Dubber’s W3 have their work cut out to retain the Wednesday Sets Championship following a crucial defeat which drops them to fourth.
They lost a close match, decided on the last end 5-1 (3 shots) to Ken Walker’s W2 who now climb to second.
The match could easily have been a draw.
Dubber’s team still have a very good chance if they can win their game in hand.
Ken Walker’s team (Roy Marsh, Ken Clark, Dave Childs) set a new record score for the sets league, and possibly for any match, when beating Barry Grocock’s W1 team 22-0, 14-1, and 15-0 for a total score of 51-1.
Meanwhile Rosemary Woollard’s W7 team have impressively won seven in a row to take over the lead.
They have won two of their last three matches by collecting maximum points. but Ken Walkers team are a major threat.
Trevor Gaines’ W5 team are third but they have a recent record of won two and lost two which clearly isn’t good enough, but they are still close enough if they can re-find their form.
They lost 5-1 (7 shots) to Enid Underwood’s W6 team.
At the bottom Dave Robinson’s W9 team beat Eric Proctor’s W8 team, their nearest rivals, by 4-2 (2 shots) for their first win.
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Suspected murderer’s former Saxilby home is raided
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Villagers’ shock at terror suspect Saxilby link
- Gainsborough paedophile with animal porn placed on sex register
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Help For Heroes reaction to brutal killing of soldier in London
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Suspected murderer’s former home on Hotchkin Avenue in Saxilby is raided
- Teens praised for ‘hard work and dedication’
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Police warning over online comments
- Inside YOUR Gainsborough Standard this week (Thursday 11th April)
- Gainsborough MP, close friend of Margaret Thatcher, pays tribute to former Prime Minister
- Running and walking both good for your heart
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Gainsborough
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 4 C to 9 C
Wind Speed: 40 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 6 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: North