Dolphins migrate for warm weather camp
WORKSOP Dolphins coach Andy Thompson and a group of helpers have taken 10 swimmers on an intensive seven-day warm weather swim camp in Tenerife.
The swimmers are training in a 50 metre pool in Los Christianos, swimming four hours each day and doing land training.
Sponsorship from Worksop and Retford firms, bag packing at Worksop Tesco and self funding have financed the trip, along with raffles and car boot sales.
The swimmers range from 11 to 16 years of age and this is the first such camp undertaken by the Dolphins.
H H H
A NUMBER of Dolphins were in attendance at the Retford Open at the weekend, when pick of the crop was 13-year-old starley Hannah Taylor.
She bagged gold in the 400m and 200m freestyle, and 200m individual medley, along with silver in the 50m freestyle and bronze in the 100m freestyle.
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Suspected murderer’s former Saxilby home is raided
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Villagers’ shock at terror suspect Saxilby link
- Gainsborough paedophile with animal porn placed on sex register
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Help For Heroes reaction to brutal killing of soldier in London
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Suspected murderer’s former home on Hotchkin Avenue in Saxilby is raided
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Gainsborough
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 9 C
Wind Speed: 32 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 6 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North