Bassetlaw juniors clinch top 10 orienteering spots
LAST Sunday 16 juniors from Bassetlaw schools travelled to the 2012 British Schools Orienteering Championships, at Delamere Forest near Northwich.
With over 900 children competing from nearly 100 schools the standard was very high, with many junior internationals running for their schools.
Bassetlaw’s results were encouraging, with four juniors achieving top 10 finishes: Cameron Ho and Charlie Furness 4th (Year 6 Boys) Geaore Carley 9th (Year 7 Boys), Will Parkinson 10th (Year 12 Boys), Callum Wright and Tom Cooley 10th (Year 5 Boys), Huw Brown 15th (Year 8 Boys), Amelia Biddulph (20th Year 9 Girls), Eleanor Cooley (25th Year 8 Girls), Cameron Ridgway (28thYear 12 Boys), Fraser Ridgway (28th Year 7 Boys), James Recaldin (29th Year 7 Boys), Alexander Ridgway (31st Year 10 Boys), Ryan Wright (32nd Year 7 Boys), Jodie Wright (38th Year 8 Girls), Stefan Taylor (39th Year 8 Boys).
In the school team event Worksop College Prep School (Ranby House) came third in the Middle/Prep School section, their best ever performance.
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Suspected murderer’s former Saxilby home is raided
- Gainsborough paedophile with animal porn placed on sex register
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Villagers’ shock at terror suspect Saxilby link
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Help For Heroes reaction to brutal killing of soldier in London
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Suspected murderer’s former home on Hotchkin Avenue in Saxilby is raided
- Teens praised for ‘hard work and dedication’
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Police warning over online comments
- Police appeal after 200-year-old flagons stolen
- Inside YOUR Gainsborough Standard this week (Thursday 11th April)
- Gainsborough MP, close friend of Margaret Thatcher, pays tribute to former Prime Minister
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Gainsborough
Sunday 26 May 2013
Temperature: 7 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 8 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 22 mph
Wind direction: South west