Firefighters were called to a house in James Street last night just before 5am this morning (Friday) to tackle a spreading bin fire.
The fire is believed to have started in a wheelie bin, but had spread to the property and threatened the mains gas supply.
Firefighters evacuated the property along with a number of nearby houses as a precaution.
Two breathing apparatuses were used in tackling the fire, and all persons were safely accounted for.
Fire crews spent just over two hours at the scene, leaving at around 7am.