ONE of Britain’s top folk-rock bands is heading to Gainsborough - and we have tickets to be won.
Yes, folk rock fans, The Albion Band is back with fresh songs, and a show that you won’t want to miss.
Building on a summer of successful festival appearances, The Albion Band is taking what could be called a victory lap with a second UK tour this year and appear at Gainsborough’s Trinity Arts Centre.
Featuring sparkling folk stars Katriona Gilmore (fiddle and vocals), Gavin Davenport, (vocals, concertina and guitar), Tom Wright (drums), Tim Yates (bass), and Benjamin Trott (lead guitarist), this new Albion Band captures the spirit of the original band of the 1970s. It lives up to its reputation and draws inspiration from it.
But the six piece line-up is no tribute act as it firmly stamps its own trademark on arrangements of traditional material, covers of songs from stalwarts of the folk scene (including Richard Thompson and Phil Beer) and adds diversity with compositions from individual band members and covers of mainstream artists.
The Albion Band will be at Trinity Arts Centre on Friday 30th November. Tickets are available by calling 01427 676655.
To be in with a chance of WINNING a pair of tickets, just answer this simple question:
Q) What venue in Gainsborough will the Albion Band be playing at?
Send your answer along with your name and daytime telephone contact number to: Albion Band competition, 5-7 Market Place, Gainsborough, DN21 2BP.
You can also email your entry to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Entries should arrive by 23rd November.
Normal Gainsborough Standard competition rules apply.
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Suspected murderer’s former Saxilby home is raided
- Gainsborough paedophile with animal porn placed on sex register
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Villagers’ shock at terror suspect Saxilby link
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Help For Heroes reaction to brutal killing of soldier in London
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Suspected murderer’s former home on Hotchkin Avenue in Saxilby is raided
- Teens praised for ‘hard work and dedication’
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Police warning over online comments
- Inside YOUR Gainsborough Standard this week (Thursday 11th April)
- Gainsborough MP, close friend of Margaret Thatcher, pays tribute to former Prime Minister
- Running and walking both good for your heart
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Gainsborough
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 8 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: North west