A WORSKOP Scout group finished celebrating 100 years of the movement with a special service at St John’s Church.
Past and present members of 4th Worksop (St John’s) Scout Group, together with representatives from Scouting and Guiding, attended the event which was conduced by Archdeacon of Newark, the Ven. David Picken.
A banner which youngsters made illustrating Scouting at St John’s over the years was presented. A highlight was the presentation of Chief Scout bronze and silver awards made to a number of beaver and cub scouts.
Scout leader Pip Staniland also received his 30 year certificate from group scout leader Mick Taylor.
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Suspected murderer’s former Saxilby home is raided
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Villagers’ shock at terror suspect Saxilby link
- Gainsborough paedophile with animal porn placed on sex register
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Help For Heroes reaction to brutal killing of soldier in London
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Suspected murderer’s former home on Hotchkin Avenue in Saxilby is raided
- Teens praised for ‘hard work and dedication’
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Police warning over online comments
- Inside YOUR Gainsborough Standard this week (Thursday 11th April)
- Gainsborough MP, close friend of Margaret Thatcher, pays tribute to former Prime Minister
- Running and walking both good for your heart
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Gainsborough
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 8 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: North west