More schools in Notts have confirmed that they will be closing this Thursday (10 July) due to the national day of strike action by all of the major public sector trade unions, including one of the main unions representing teachers.
As of today (Tuesday 8 July), the following schools are expected to be closed on Thursday:
• Annie Holgate Infants & Nursery, Kirkby-in-Ashfield - nursery closed.
• Awsworth Primary & Nursery, Awsworth - pm reception closed.
• Bagthorpe Primary, Underwood
• Beardall St. Primary, Hucknall, partially closed for; Nursery pm and Years R,1,2,5 closed.
• Bracken Hill Special, Kirkby-in-Ashfield
• Brinsley Primary, Brinsley
• Burton Joyce Primary, Gedling - partially open for; Year 1, Year 2, one Year 3 class and Year 6.
• Carlton Academy, Gedling - open to Years 10 and 12.
• Carlton Central Infants & Nursery, Gedling
• Carlton Digby Special, Gedling
• Derrymount Special, Gedling
• East Leake Academy, East Leake - partially closed; Years 7 and 9.
• Eastlands Junior, Mansfield
• Eskdale Junior, Beeston - partially closed; Years 3,5 and 6.
• Fountaindale Special, Mansfield
• Greasley Beauvale Primary, Newthorpe - partially closed for; three classes closed.
• Heathlands Primary, Mansfield
• Hollywell Primary, Broxtowe - partiall open for; Year 1/2 - 23 children. Year 4 - 26 children.
• Holy Cross RC Primary, Hucknall - partially closed for; Years 1 and 5/6.
• Jesse Gray Primary, West Bridgford - partially closed; Years R, 1 and 4.
• John Clifford Primary, Beeston - partially closed; five classes closed.
• Joseph Whitaker School, Newark - partially open for Years 8 and 12.
• King Edward Primary, Mansfield
• Kirkby College, Kirkby-in-Ashfield - partially closed; Open to Years 9, 10 and 12.
• Leen Mills Primary, Hucknall
• Manor Park Infants, Gedling - partially open for; Owls F2, Giraffes F1 and Penguins F1.
• Minster CE School, Newark
• Morven Park Primary, Kirkby-in-Ashfield
• Netherfield Infants, Mansfield
• Newstead Primary, Newstead - partially closed for; Years 1, 2, 3, 4 & Nursery (p/t).
• Orchard Special School, Newark
• Ordsall Primary, Retford
• Outwood Academy Valley, Worksop
• Peafield Lane Academy, Mansfield
• Python Hill Primary, Newark
• Ramsden Primary, Carlton-in-Lindrick
• Redgate Special, Mansfield
• Redhill Academy, Gedling - partially open for; Year 10 and Year 12.
• Richard Bonington Primary, Arnold - nursery closed.
• Seely Church CE Primary, Gedling
• Sir Edmund Hillary Primary, Worksop
• St. Augustines Primary, Worksop
• St. Edmunds CE Primary, Mansfield
• St. Marys CE Primary Magdalene, Sutton in Ashfield, partially closed for; Years F,3 and 4.
• Sutton Community Academy, Sutton
Up-to-date information on school closures are available at www.nottinghamshire.gov.uk/schoolclosures and Council services affected by the industrial action are available at www.nottinghamshire.gov.uk/disruption
Residents without internet access can find out the latest information from the Council on 0300 500 80 80.
Parents should contact their children’s school for more detailed information on a possible closure.