DCSIMG

Laughton: Teatime emergency after handbag left on cooker

NEWS: The Gainsborough Standard

NEWS: The Gainsborough Standard

 

Firefighters were called to a kitchen fire in Laughton, near Gainsborough, at teatime last night (Friday 3rd January 2014).

When they arrived at the address in Morton Road they found that a handbag had caught fire after being left on a cooker.

The elderly occupant had managed to get the smouldering bag outside into open air.

Firefighters inspected the bag as a precaution and gave oxygen to the occupant, who was suffering from minor smoke inhalation.

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page