DCSIMG

House fire in Epworth

Humberside Fire Service

Humberside Fire Service

Fire crews were called to a blaze at an Epworth home.

The fire spread from the kitchen of a three-storey house in Harris Gardens, Station Road.

The cause of the fire yesterday morning (Monday) was traced to a dishwasher fault.

A smoke detector warned the occupant of the fire. There were no injuries.

A Humberside fire service spokesman said it appeared the fire was due to an electrical fault. Safety advice was given to the householder.

General advice is to try and be at home when using electrical appliances so that any fire alert can be tended to quickly before damage spreads.

Crews from Crowle and Scunthorpe attended the incident.

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page

 

X scottish independence image

Keep up-to-date with all the latest Referendum news