BASSETLAW Council has announced a triple jobs boost for Worksop - bringing up to 400 new jobs for the town.
Around 300 jobs are expected at the former Seafields site after planning approval was granted for a major supermarket, petrol filling station and business unit.
Worksop-based wire rope manufacturer Brunton Shaw is also set to create between 30 to 50 jobs at their Sandy Lane site thanks to a £14m expansion.
And the first tenant has moved this month into the new Creative Village on Canal Road which hopes to create around 45 jobs in the next year.
Bassetlaw Council leader Simon Greaves said he was delighted to start 2013 off with great news for Worksop.
“It’s a New Year and new jobs. Being able to bring these three sites forward to bring major jobs to the town is exactly what Worksop needs,” he said.
“It really shows the work that has been put in to create great new business for the town in 2013 and I am hoping we will also see some news very soon on the Vesuvius site.”
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Suspected murderer’s former Saxilby home is raided
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Villagers’ shock at terror suspect Saxilby link
- Gainsborough paedophile with animal porn placed on sex register
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Help For Heroes reaction to brutal killing of soldier in London
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Suspected murderer’s former home on Hotchkin Avenue in Saxilby is raided
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Gainsborough
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 9 C
Wind Speed: 32 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 6 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North