Two men accused of making threats to kill as part of an alleged ongoing feud between rival families have been cleared at Lincoln Crown Court after the prosecution offered no evidence against them.
John Tom Smith, 38, of Summergangs Lane, Gainsborough, and Frederick Smith, 41, of Thomas Street, Grimsby, both denied making threats to kill Elise Price on 17th July 2011 and a similar charge of making threats to kill Gwendoline Newbury the following day.
The two men also denied causing damage to a property in Victoria Close, Gainsborough belonging to Elsie Price.
Prosecutor David Outterside told the court on Tuesday that the decision not to proceed with the charges followed careful consideration by the Crown Prosecution Service and Lincolnshire Police.
Mr Outterside said: “The Crown and the Police are well aware of the long standing feud between these two families but there have been no incidents since these ones last year.”
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Suspected murderer’s former Saxilby home is raided
- Gainsborough paedophile with animal porn placed on sex register
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Villagers’ shock at terror suspect Saxilby link
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Help For Heroes reaction to brutal killing of soldier in London
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Suspected murderer’s former home on Hotchkin Avenue in Saxilby is raided
- Teens praised for ‘hard work and dedication’
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Police warning over online comments
- Inside YOUR Gainsborough Standard this week (Thursday 11th April)
- Gainsborough MP, close friend of Margaret Thatcher, pays tribute to former Prime Minister
- Running and walking both good for your heart
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Gainsborough
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 15 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 7 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: North west