A THIRD man has been arrested in connection with the death of Dinnington man Robert Hurdley.
Mr Hurdley, 45, sustained a serious head injury in an altercation at the Don John Hotel, in Maltby, on Sunday evening.
He was taken to Rotherham Hospital but was pronounced dead shortly after arrival.
South Yorkshire Police said officers arrested a third man in connection with the case yesterday (Thursday).
The 47-year-old was arrested on suspicion of assault and public order and has been released on police bail.
Daniel Gerrard, 30, of Highfield Park, Maltby was charged with Mr Hurdley’s murder and is next due to appear at Sheffield Crown Court on Wednesday.
A 35-year-old man arrested for a public order offence has been released without charge.
South Yorkshire Police Officers want to hear from anyone who was in the Don John pub or nearby pubs on Sunday evening, or anyone with information that may assist to call South Yorkshire Police on 101, or if you are deaf or hard of hearing on 18001 101 (text phone) or 07786 220 022 (SMS) quoting incident number 1242 of 14 October, 2012. Alternatively, you can contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Suspected murderer’s former Saxilby home is raided
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Villagers’ shock at terror suspect Saxilby link
- Gainsborough paedophile with animal porn placed on sex register
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Help For Heroes reaction to brutal killing of soldier in London
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Suspected murderer’s former home on Hotchkin Avenue in Saxilby is raided
- Teens praised for ‘hard work and dedication’
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Police warning over online comments
- Inside YOUR Gainsborough Standard this week (Thursday 11th April)
- Gainsborough MP, close friend of Margaret Thatcher, pays tribute to former Prime Minister
- Running and walking both good for your heart
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Gainsborough
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 4 C to 9 C
Wind Speed: 40 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 6 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: North