CHILDREN from Ryton Park School have created a series of pictures that will be used to illustrate this year’s Council Tax brochure.
The colourful depictions of what children in years five and six thought Bassetlaw Council were responsible for, including refuse bins, recycling symbols, parks, streets and houses.
Once all the entries were in, the children picked their top seven which will be used on the front cover of the forthcoming brochure.
Coun Sylvia May, portfolio holder for Revenues and Customer Services, has been involved with a number of recent projects at Ryton Park, including this competition.
She said: “The pictures that have been produced are fantastic and I’d like to thank all the children and the school for their hard work. I can’t wait to see them on the front of the brochure.”
All the pictures will be displayed in the foyer of Queen’s Buildings and the young artists whose pictures will be used in the brochure received a prize.
The winners were - first place Cezary Stepien; second place Ala Palka and third place Nikola Dmowska. The runners-up - Millie Gray, Mayheli Ahmed, Saheed Ahmed, Olivia Konofal.
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Suspected murderer’s former Saxilby home is raided
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Villagers’ shock at terror suspect Saxilby link
- Gainsborough paedophile with animal porn placed on sex register
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Help For Heroes reaction to brutal killing of soldier in London
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Suspected murderer’s former home on Hotchkin Avenue in Saxilby is raided
- Teens praised for ‘hard work and dedication’
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Police warning over online comments
- Inside YOUR Gainsborough Standard this week (Thursday 11th April)
- Gainsborough MP, close friend of Margaret Thatcher, pays tribute to former Prime Minister
- Running and walking both good for your heart
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Gainsborough
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 4 C to 9 C
Wind Speed: 40 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 6 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: North