Thousands of smokers in Bassetlaw are being encouraged to swap fags for swag next week on the 30th anniversary of No Smoking Day.
No Smoking Day 2013 will launch on Wednesday 27th February, giving smokers two weeks to get ready to quit on No Smoking Day itself, Wednesday 13th March.
The theme is set to encourage smokers to consider the financial benefits of quitting.
On the run up to No Smoking Day Bassetlaw Stop Smoking Service will be in Worksop, Retford and Harworth town centres offering free advice to help smokers ditch the cigarettes for good.
The teams are available:
Monday 25th February - Worksop high street 3pm until 5pm.
Wednesday 27th February - Bawtry high street 11.30am until 1pm.
Thursday 28th February - Retford high street 3pm until 5pm.
Friday 1st March - Worksop high street 12 noon until 2pm
Wednesday 6th March - Harworth high street 1.30pm until 3pm.
In Bassetlaw 21 per cent of adults smoke. But UK figures show that two thirds of smokers want to quit.
For more information on quitting as well as top quit tips, visit www.wequit.co.uk, call 0800 328 8553 or email email@example.com
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Suspected murderer’s former Saxilby home is raided
- Gainsborough paedophile with animal porn placed on sex register
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Help For Heroes reaction to brutal killing of soldier in London
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Villagers’ shock at terror suspect Saxilby link
- Two arrested after mosque attacks
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Gainsborough
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 10 C
Wind Speed: 30 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 7 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North