After the great success of the Standard’s first Best in School Awards last year, we’ve decided to launch them for 2013.
We need YOUR help finding the best and most deserving people from the world of education.
The Gainsborough Standard is again running its Best in School Awards 2013 to celebrate the shining stars of education from across the region.
We are looking for those who make a difference, defy expectations and inspire others in and around your school - and we want you to tell us who they are!
Parents, staff and pupils can honour some of the unsung heroes in their schools by nominating them in one of 12 categories.
Prizes will be awarded not just for teachers, but to all other people that help to make a child’s day at school enjoyable.
Lunch person, star pupil, crossing patrol and sports team are just some of the categories we are seeking nominations for.
Deserving winners will be presented with awards at a glamorous awards night at Gainsborough Golf Club in June.
And as your local newspaper, the Standard understands all the hard work that happens in schools around Gainsborough.
We want to celebrate success and give recognition to those that deserve it.
Instead of using exam results and league tables to measure schools’ achievements, we will be focusing on the human side of schooling - the people and activities that change lives or put smiles on pupils’, parents’ and colleagues’ faces.
Last year’s winners included Trent Valley’s Michael Hatfield, who won best teacher and Gainsborough Nursery School who scooped the best nursery award at the ceremony.
The full list of categories is:
- Best lunch person
- Best teaching assistant
- Best headteahcer
- Best teacher
- Best green school
- Best school
- Best sports team
- Best admin assistant
- Best morning activity club
- Star pupil of the year
- Best nursery
- Most inspirational student
With a host of prizes across the board, all you have to do is let us know who you think deserves some recognition.
Is there a teacher that has made learning fun ? Has your school got an outstanding sports team or a star pupil, then let us know?
Maybe you think your school is just the best, then we want to hear from you, so get in touch.
To nominate someone for an award simply send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call on 01427 615323.
In your nomination could you please include who you would like to nominate, the reasons why and your contact name and number.
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Suspected murderer’s former Saxilby home is raided
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Villagers’ shock at terror suspect Saxilby link
- Gainsborough paedophile with animal porn placed on sex register
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Help For Heroes reaction to brutal killing of soldier in London
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Suspected murderer’s former home on Hotchkin Avenue in Saxilby is raided
- Teens praised for ‘hard work and dedication’
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Police warning over online comments
- Inside YOUR Gainsborough Standard this week (Thursday 11th April)
- Gainsborough MP, close friend of Margaret Thatcher, pays tribute to former Prime Minister
- Running and walking both good for your heart
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Gainsborough
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 8 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: North west