A MUM who was found with a six-inch kitchen knife in Langold Country Park has been in court.
Rebecca Louise Turner, 26, who is currently care of the mental health unit at Bassetlaw Hospital, appeared at Worksop Magistrates’ Court on Wednesday 3rd October.
The court heard police found Turner at the beauty spot on 30th July after reports she had a knife.
Defending, Andrew Osborne said she was ‘distressed’ because her children had been taken into the care of her mother, and she had not taken her medication.
“There was no intent to use the knife to scare or hurt anybody. Her intent was to go somewhere quiet to harm herself,” he said.
Magistrates gave a conditional discharge, deeming it best for Turner to continue her treatment.
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Suspected murderer’s former Saxilby home is raided
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Villagers’ shock at terror suspect Saxilby link
- Gainsborough paedophile with animal porn placed on sex register
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Help For Heroes reaction to brutal killing of soldier in London
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Suspected murderer’s former home on Hotchkin Avenue in Saxilby is raided
- Teens praised for ‘hard work and dedication’
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Police warning over online comments
- Inside YOUR Gainsborough Standard this week (Thursday 11th April)
- Gainsborough MP, close friend of Margaret Thatcher, pays tribute to former Prime Minister
- Running and walking both good for your heart
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Gainsborough
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 8 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: North west