THE FATHER of a young Misterton woman who was killed in a tragic road accident pulls on his wet suit this weekend for a 10km charity swim.
Kevin Dunne, 55, will take on the 10km River Dart Open Water Swim in Devon, supported by six friends, on Saturday 22nd September.
His daughter Hayleigh, 23, had been driving along the A161 Haxey Road near Misterton on 17th December 2010 when her Mini Cooper left the road and hit a tree.
She was pronounced dead at the scene.
“I am attempting to raise £500 for the charity Brake, one of the first calls I made for assistance after Hayleigh died,” said Kevin.
“Brake is a charity that exists for one simple reason - because every 30 seconds someone somewhere in the world is killed or seriously injured in a road crash.”
“Brake in the UK campaigns to stop the carnage, supporting victims and their families.”
Kevin continued: “My swimming mission is twofold - raising money for Brake and swimming in memory of my much loved and beautiful daughter, who I miss so very much.”
“Hayleigh herself was a very keen competitive swimmer and it was a sport she really loved.”
To sponsor Kevin, visit his donation page at www.justgiving.com/Kevin-Dunne0
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Suspected murderer’s former Saxilby home is raided
- Gainsborough paedophile with animal porn placed on sex register
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Villagers’ shock at terror suspect Saxilby link
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Help For Heroes reaction to brutal killing of soldier in London
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Suspected murderer’s former home on Hotchkin Avenue in Saxilby is raided
- Teens praised for ‘hard work and dedication’
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Police warning over online comments
- Inside YOUR Gainsborough Standard this week (Thursday 11th April)
- Gainsborough MP, close friend of Margaret Thatcher, pays tribute to former Prime Minister
- Running and walking both good for your heart
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Gainsborough
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 15 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 7 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: North west