Officers investigating the disappearance of Mansfield police sergeant Colin Evans have confirmed a sighting of him in Nottingham City Centre.
The 51-year-old was seen at around 6pm last night (Monday 11th March 2013), seven hours after being reported missing by his wife.
Enquiries are now taking place to follow up leads after this sighting.
Chief inspector Paul Winter said: “It’s encouraging insofar as we now know for certain that he was in Nottingham city centre yesterday evening.”
“But he still remains unaccounted for and we are still very keen to find him and ensure he is safe and well.”
Mr Evans finished a night shift at Mansfield police station at around 7am on Monday.
He then attended King’s Mill Hospital, where he was treated for minor injuries sustained from a fall and discharged.
He is thought to have left the hospital on foot at around 9am.
At 11am his wife contacted the police stating that her husband had not returned home, which was out of character.
Then at 11.30am yesterday a colleague saw him walking along Blidworth Lane, off Southwell Road East, near Rainworth.
Posters and leaflets have been distributed in and around the Mansfield and Rainworth area, and the media has been actively involved in appealing for Mr Evans’ safe return.
Anyone with any information or who has seen Mr Evans should contact police urgently on 101.
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Suspected murderer’s former Saxilby home is raided
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Villagers’ shock at terror suspect Saxilby link
- Gainsborough paedophile with animal porn placed on sex register
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Help For Heroes reaction to brutal killing of soldier in London
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Suspected murderer’s former home on Hotchkin Avenue in Saxilby is raided
- Teens praised for ‘hard work and dedication’
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Police warning over online comments
- Inside YOUR Gainsborough Standard this week (Thursday 11th April)
- Gainsborough MP, close friend of Margaret Thatcher, pays tribute to former Prime Minister
- Running and walking both good for your heart
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Gainsborough
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 8 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: North west