Two midwives from Doncaster and Bassetlaw NHS Foundation Trust have been shortlisted for an award recognising innovations that could transform the NHS.
Specialist Healthy Lifestyle Midwives Carolyn Garland and Alison Williams support pregnant women in South Yorkshire and Bassetlaw to improve their eating habits and begin gentle exercise during their pregnancy.
They work particularly with women who struggle to maintain healthy eating habits and are therefore at increased risk of developing complications during pregnancy or needing to have their babies by Caesarean section for medical reasons.
The service launched three years ago in Doncaster but proved so successful it has now been rolled out across Bassetlaw.
Carolyn said they were thrilled to have reached the finals of the awards.
“Our work is about supporting pregnant women in a sensitive and non-judgmental way to make lifestyle changes that will enable their babies and them to enjoy a healthier pregnancy and the best possible start in life,” she said.
“We are really pleased that the judges felt it was an innovation that could work elsewhere in the region as well.”
Carolyn and Alison will find out whether they have won at an awards ceremony in Wakefield on 11th October.
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Suspected murderer’s former Saxilby home is raided
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Villagers’ shock at terror suspect Saxilby link
- Gainsborough paedophile with animal porn placed on sex register
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Help For Heroes reaction to brutal killing of soldier in London
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Suspected murderer’s former home on Hotchkin Avenue in Saxilby is raided
- Teens praised for ‘hard work and dedication’
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Police warning over online comments
- Inside YOUR Gainsborough Standard this week (Thursday 11th April)
- Gainsborough MP, close friend of Margaret Thatcher, pays tribute to former Prime Minister
- Running and walking both good for your heart
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Gainsborough
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 8 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: North west