A THIEF who took items he found on a footpath has been given a 12 month community order.
Stephen Bassett, 36, said he found the strimmer, hedge cutter and drill on 3rd November last year, Worksop Magistrates’ Court heard.
Prosecutor Ruth Snowdin said a shed had been broken into and the items, along with a push bike, were taken.
Bassett told police he saw someone on a bike drop the items, so he picked them up and later handed them back to the owner.
Defence solicitor David verity said Bassett ‘rather foolishly got involved.’
Bassett admitted theft, and must also pay a £60 victim surcharge.
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Suspected murderer’s former Saxilby home is raided
- Gainsborough paedophile with animal porn placed on sex register
- Two arrested after mosque attacks
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Help For Heroes reaction to brutal killing of soldier in London
- Man dies following fall at Premier Foods site
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Gainsborough
Thursday 23 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 11 C
Wind Speed: 21 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 5 C to 10 C
Wind Speed: 30 mph
Wind direction: North east