A Kiveton Park drug dealer who masterminded a plot to sell heroin and crack cocaine worth £220,000 has been jailed for 12 years.
Buyers travelled from Scotland and Wales to meet Usman Malook’s lieutenants and buy heroin and cocaine, Sheffield Crown Court heard.
Malook, 24, of Stoney Ridge Road, tried to distance himself from handovers to avoid detection. But police kept him under surveillance and analysed calls made on his mobile phones.
When officers raided his home they found mobile phones, £7,300 in cash, a bullet proof vest and evidence Malook had attended a ‘close protection’ course in France the year before. An Audi TT was outside.
Tim Capstick, prosecuting, said in 2009 Malook was involved in a deal to sell 3kg of heroin with a street value of £120,000 – but the buyer was an undercover police officer.
He said Malook was not arrested because police mounted an operation to target him and between January and June 2011 he oversaw three big deals.
In January 2011, Malook was behind a deal at a Sheffield hotel where 2kg of heroin, with a street value of £89,000 was handed over.
A further deal took place after a contact travelled from Wales to Sheffield, meeting Malook’s associates before £5,000 of cocaine was handed over at a business in Meadowhall Road.
A third deal was done with a woman who travelled from Scotland to Sheffield to buy £6,500 of heroin on Farm Road.
Malook admitted two counts of conspiracy to supply a controlled drug.
Daniel Jones, defending, said Malook was a carer for his sick, elderly mother and his brother who had leukaemia.
He said: “This is a young man who has the capability to be a very useful member of society.”
Judge Rosalind Coe QC said Malook committed the offences for financial gain, adding there was evidence of him living a luxury lifestyle.
“Together with others you supplied sizeable quantities of heroin and cocaine. It appears your role in these deals was very much a leading one,” she said.
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Suspected murderer’s former Saxilby home is raided
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Villagers’ shock at terror suspect Saxilby link
- Gainsborough paedophile with animal porn placed on sex register
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Help For Heroes reaction to brutal killing of soldier in London
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Suspected murderer’s former home on Hotchkin Avenue in Saxilby is raided
- Teens praised for ‘hard work and dedication’
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Police warning over online comments
- Inside YOUR Gainsborough Standard this week (Thursday 11th April)
- Gainsborough MP, close friend of Margaret Thatcher, pays tribute to former Prime Minister
- Running and walking both good for your heart
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Gainsborough
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 8 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: North west