FOUR families were evacuated from their homes last night (Wednesday) after a gas leak in Fillingham, near Gainsborough.
Around 15 people, including eight children, were initially taken to the village hall but later found other accommodation.
It is thought the leak was caused by farm machinery fracturing an underground gas pipe.
Emergency services have put an exclusion in place around the scene.
And specialist engineers from the National Grid are working to fix the problem.
The exclusion caused traffic problems this morning as a road diversion was put in place.
The B1398 remains closed in both directions between the Middle Street junction in Fillingham and the Coachroad Hill junction in Glentworth.
Lincolnshire Police said the disruption could last ‘several hours’.
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Suspected murderer’s former Saxilby home is raided
- Gainsborough paedophile with animal porn placed on sex register
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Villagers’ shock at terror suspect Saxilby link
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Help For Heroes reaction to brutal killing of soldier in London
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Suspected murderer’s former home on Hotchkin Avenue in Saxilby is raided
- Teens praised for ‘hard work and dedication’
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Police warning over online comments
- Inside YOUR Gainsborough Standard this week (Thursday 11th April)
- Gainsborough MP, close friend of Margaret Thatcher, pays tribute to former Prime Minister
- Running and walking both good for your heart
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Gainsborough
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 15 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 7 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: North west