Director of public health for Nottingham City and County Dr Chris Kenny and Dr Lisa Collins, of Larwood Surgery, give evidence at MP John Mann’s Drug and Alcohol Inquiry.
The two-day hearing took a look 10 years back when Bassetlaw was known as the heroin hot-spot of the East Midlands and at the issues surrounding drug and alcohol use today.
Dr Kenny confirmed that Bassetlaw and Mansfield continue to have the worst drugs misuse problems in the county.
He told the inquiry that drug deaths had fallen in the past 10 years but that deaths from alcohol misuse had risen.
Click on the play button to see a short VIDEO of Dr Chris Kenny giving evidence at the inquiry.
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Suspected murderer’s former Saxilby home is raided
- Gainsborough paedophile with animal porn placed on sex register
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Help For Heroes reaction to brutal killing of soldier in London
- Two arrested after mosque attacks
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Suspected murderer’s former home on Hotchkin Avenue in Saxilby is raided
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Gainsborough
Thursday 23 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 11 C
Wind Speed: 21 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 5 C to 10 C
Wind Speed: 30 mph
Wind direction: North east