RETFORD residents who hold an older persons bus pass are currently being sent letters explaining how to apply for a new one.
And people with surnames towards the end of the alphabet are being urged not to panic if they haven’t yet received their letter.
This is a major pass renewal programme with 190,000 concessionary bus pass holders across the county.
The majority hold the older persons cards and 10,000 hold cards for people with disabilities.
Each pass has a five-year lifespan and the majority of them – as many as 109,000 – are due to expire at the end of March.
Letters have been sent out to pass holders in alphabetical order since November and people whose surnames come towards the end of the alphabet are being urged not to panic if they hear of other people receiving letters before they do.
Having received their letter, people who wish to renew their pass can now do so by one of two methods:
- Visit www.nottinghamshire.gov.uk/buspassrenewal and follow the online instructions;
- Or write to the county council quoting references as detailed in the letter and stating ‘Bus Pass Renewal’ on the envelope.
Included with the letter is a handy leaflet containing advice and details of services for older people to help keep them safe this winter.
It features useful tips on staying warm, contact details for the council’s Handy Person Adaptation Service and information about meals at home.
Visit www.nottinghamshire.gov.uk to keep in touch with the latest news or call 0300 500 80 80.
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Suspected murderer’s former Saxilby home is raided
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Villagers’ shock at terror suspect Saxilby link
- Gainsborough paedophile with animal porn placed on sex register
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Help For Heroes reaction to brutal killing of soldier in London
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Suspected murderer’s former home on Hotchkin Avenue in Saxilby is raided
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Gainsborough
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 9 C
Wind Speed: 32 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 6 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North