TWO Bassetlaw community centres will close and be turned into homes.
Members of Bassetlaw Council’s cabinet voted last night to convert the facilities in Laburnum Road, Langold and Beverley Road, Harworth.
It comes after a detailed review of all community centres in the district, which found that some were bringing in income of just £430 a year.
Laburnum was the least used of all the buildings, only being used six hours per week.
It will be converted into a two bed flat.
“Where there is low usage we will bring these buildings into use as homes, providing more accommodation for residents in the district,” said council leader Coun Simon Greaves.
“It is a very sensible and positive solution indeed.”
• For more on this story see this week’s Worksop Guardian - out Friday 5th October.
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Suspected murderer’s former Saxilby home is raided
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Villagers’ shock at terror suspect Saxilby link
- Gainsborough paedophile with animal porn placed on sex register
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Help For Heroes reaction to brutal killing of soldier in London
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Suspected murderer’s former home on Hotchkin Avenue in Saxilby is raided
- Teens praised for ‘hard work and dedication’
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Police warning over online comments
- Inside YOUR Gainsborough Standard this week (Thursday 11th April)
- Gainsborough MP, close friend of Margaret Thatcher, pays tribute to former Prime Minister
- Running and walking both good for your heart
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Gainsborough
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 4 C to 9 C
Wind Speed: 40 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 6 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: North