An autumnal image of the glorious Lime Tree Avenue at National Trust’s Clumber Park has been named the winner of the 2013 Experience Nottinghamshire photography competition.
Taken by amateur photographer Paul Jones , of Doncaster, the image perfectly captures the outdoor beauty Clumber Park is known for.
Launched last year, the photography competition was open to all with a passion for photography and aims to find the most inspirational images of Nottinghamshire, set to inspire locals and visitors alike.
Entries ranged from contemporary city scenes and lively local events to seasonal snowy vistas and local wildlife.
Paul Jones said he was thrilled to hear his entry had won.
“I am delighted to have won. Lime Tree Avenue is one of my favourite places I always enjoy going there to take photos and to win the Experience Nottinghamshire competition is the icing on the cake,” he said.
Experience Nottinghamshire PR manager Erin Huckle said they were again overwhelmed by the number and quality of entries in the competition.
“The competition this year saw 100 local photographers enter a total of more than 400 images. It was a tough job choosing our finalists, and even harder to choose a winner, but the judges loved the colour and composition in Paul’s photo, taken at one of Nottinghamshire’s most popular visitor attractions,” she said.
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Suspected murderer’s former Saxilby home is raided
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Villagers’ shock at terror suspect Saxilby link
- Gainsborough paedophile with animal porn placed on sex register
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Help For Heroes reaction to brutal killing of soldier in London
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Suspected murderer’s former home on Hotchkin Avenue in Saxilby is raided
- Teens praised for ‘hard work and dedication’
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Police warning over online comments
- Inside YOUR Gainsborough Standard this week (Thursday 11th April)
- Gainsborough MP, close friend of Margaret Thatcher, pays tribute to former Prime Minister
- Running and walking both good for your heart
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Gainsborough
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 15 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 7 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: North west