A CHEMICAL scare led to Bassetlaw’s A&E reception area being cordoned off on Tuesday.
Concern was raised on 19th February after four men turned up at Bassetlaw Hospital after being accidentally exposed to an unknown chemical at their work place.
“As a routine precautionary measure, we briefly cordoned off the main reception area of the emergency department,” said Mr Salaheldin El-Hag, consultant in accident and emergency medicine.
“We quickly identified that the chemical was hydrogen peroxide and the men were cleaned up, assessed and discharged.”
“Other patients in the waiting area were not at risk and were fully informed of what was happening.”
A spokesman for Bassetlaw Hospital said the patients in the reception area were allowed to stay where they were, and the department continued to function as normal.
“The whole incident lasted around two hours,” said the spokesman.
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Suspected murderer’s former Saxilby home is raided
- Gainsborough paedophile with animal porn placed on sex register
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Villagers’ shock at terror suspect Saxilby link
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Help For Heroes reaction to brutal killing of soldier in London
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Suspected murderer’s former home on Hotchkin Avenue in Saxilby is raided
- Teens praised for ‘hard work and dedication’
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Police warning over online comments
- Inside YOUR Gainsborough Standard this week (Thursday 11th April)
- Gainsborough MP, close friend of Margaret Thatcher, pays tribute to former Prime Minister
- Running and walking both good for your heart
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Gainsborough
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 15 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 7 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: North west