Although deeply saddened by the sudden death of chairman Dave Haswell, the Friends of Ulley Country Park have decided that the monthly Café on Sunday 14th October will be held in his memory.
As previously agreed, additional funds raised on this occasion will be donated to Rotherham Hospice.
Fundraising events will include a guided heritage and wildlife walk on the Ulley Trail. People will be able to learn about the park’s history and its wildlife. The cost is £1 per person or £3 per family.
There will also be a tombola, fancy goods stall, Rotherham Hospice stall, and Guess the Name of the Snake game.
The café will be open from 11am to 3pm, serving delicious homemade soups, cakes and beverages. The Friends hope as many people as possible will support them in this venture with Rotherham Hospice.
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Suspected murderer’s former Saxilby home is raided
- Gainsborough paedophile with animal porn placed on sex register
- Two arrested after mosque attacks
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Help For Heroes reaction to brutal killing of soldier in London
- Man dies following fall at Premier Foods site
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Gainsborough
Thursday 23 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 11 C
Wind Speed: 21 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 5 C to 10 C
Wind Speed: 30 mph
Wind direction: North east