A BLYTON farmer has been left ‘gutted’ after arsonists targeted his farm last night (Thursday 20th September)
Fire crews were called out to Willow Farm on Carr Lane in Blyton, near Gainsborough, at 10.49pm where a portable frame barn was ablaze.
The barn was allowed to burn out and a large amount of straw and hay were destroyed.
Officials say that the cause is believed to be deliberate.
“We filled the building up with hay and straw over the summer,” said Andrew Wilkinson, whose family runs the farm.
“I’ve been up all night - we are absolutely gutted that a year’s worth of work has been destroyed in one night.”
He continued: “We feel lucky that no one was hurt but I’ve lost all of my winter feed. I’ve got 160 cattle with no straw or hay to eat.”
- Anyone who saw anything suspicious or who has any information is asked to call Lincs Police on 101, or you can contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
- Check back here later for more details.
- See next week’s Gainsborough Standard for the full story.
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Suspected murderer’s former Saxilby home is raided
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Villagers’ shock at terror suspect Saxilby link
- Gainsborough paedophile with animal porn placed on sex register
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Help For Heroes reaction to brutal killing of soldier in London
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Suspected murderer’s former home on Hotchkin Avenue in Saxilby is raided
- Teens praised for ‘hard work and dedication’
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Police warning over online comments
- Inside YOUR Gainsborough Standard this week (Thursday 11th April)
- Gainsborough MP, close friend of Margaret Thatcher, pays tribute to former Prime Minister
- Running and walking both good for your heart
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Gainsborough
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 8 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: North west