Santa visited the Chesterfield Canal in Retford on Saturday to launch this year’s Santa Special cruises.
Families, council digitaries and officials from the Chesterfield Canal Trust and Chesterfield Canal Partnership enjoyed a winter cruise with Santa who remembered to bring presents for the children.
The day was completed with the arrival of Rudolph and a friendly Elf who went through the town centre to hand out leaflets to members of the public.
A Chesterfield Canal Trust spokesman said they have been running the Santa Special trips for many years.
“They are very popular with young and old alike. They are also a good money raiser to help the Trust’s aim of getting the canal fully restored through to Chesterfield,” he said.
The Santa Special cruises will run all day and every Saturday and Sunday from 1st to 23rd December.
Tickets are priced £6 per person and include a mince pie and drink for adults and a gift for every child.
Trips leave from the Hop Pole on the A620 Welham Road where you can park or catch the 95, 96 or 97 buses.
Booking is essential - ring 07925 851569 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Trust is also running Santa Special cruises from Tapton Lock in Chesterfield. To book these, ring 01246 551035.
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Suspected murderer’s former Saxilby home is raided
- Gainsborough paedophile with animal porn placed on sex register
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Villagers’ shock at terror suspect Saxilby link
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Help For Heroes reaction to brutal killing of soldier in London
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Suspected murderer’s former home on Hotchkin Avenue in Saxilby is raided
- Teens praised for ‘hard work and dedication’
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Police warning over online comments
- Inside YOUR Gainsborough Standard this week (Thursday 11th April)
- Gainsborough MP, close friend of Margaret Thatcher, pays tribute to former Prime Minister
- Running and walking both good for your heart
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Gainsborough
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 15 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 7 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: North west