Over 50 live performances showcasing some of the hottest musical talent in South Yorkshire will take place at the Rotherham Real Ale and Music Festival next week.
Baa’sil Goes West will mark the 21st anniversary of the popular event and brings together some of the hottest talents from the South Yorkshire music scene, alongside some of the best known tribute bands in the business.
From classic rock, brass bands, acoustic and good old fashioned rock ‘n’ roll to soul, reggae and jazz, this year’s music line up promises to offer something for everyone.
The festival’s music co-ordinator John Hyslop said: “This year is the most comprehensive music line-up that we have ever featured at the festival, and promises to offer something for everyone.”
Festival organiser Stephen Burns added: “The music side to our festival often gets overlooked, and the impressive line-up of bands and entertainment throughout the four days is something that truly sets Rotherham apart.”
Money raised from the event will go to support local charities.
Baa’sil Goes West is on from 27th February to 2nd March 2013 at the Magna Centre.
A special bus service will operate between Rotherham Town Centre and Meadowhall with return tickets available for £2. Tickets for the festival are available at www.magnarealale.co.uk and from selected pubs and shops.
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Suspected murderer’s former Saxilby home is raided
- Gainsborough paedophile with animal porn placed on sex register
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Villagers’ shock at terror suspect Saxilby link
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Help For Heroes reaction to brutal killing of soldier in London
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Suspected murderer’s former home on Hotchkin Avenue in Saxilby is raided
- Teens praised for ‘hard work and dedication’
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Police warning over online comments
- Police appeal after 200-year-old flagons stolen
- Inside YOUR Gainsborough Standard this week (Thursday 11th April)
- Gainsborough MP, close friend of Margaret Thatcher, pays tribute to former Prime Minister
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Gainsborough
Sunday 26 May 2013
Temperature: 7 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 8 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 22 mph
Wind direction: South west