Diversions are in place after Notts County Council closed a stretch of the A614 due to subsidence after a major crack was found in the road.
A Perlethorpe resident alerted the authority to the situation after noticing the crack in the road between Whitewater Lane, Ollerton, and Apleyhead, Ranby.
Highways officers discovered a 15-metre fissure in the road and immediately closed the road and put diversions in place.
Motorists are now advised to follow the diversions via A57, B6034 and A616 before re-joining the A614.
UK Coal are now investigating the incident and hope to have the road re-opened in time for Easter.
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Suspected murderer’s former Saxilby home is raided
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Villagers’ shock at terror suspect Saxilby link
- Gainsborough paedophile with animal porn placed on sex register
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Help For Heroes reaction to brutal killing of soldier in London
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Suspected murderer’s former home on Hotchkin Avenue in Saxilby is raided
- Teens praised for ‘hard work and dedication’
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Police warning over online comments
- Inside YOUR Gainsborough Standard this week (Thursday 11th April)
- Gainsborough MP, close friend of Margaret Thatcher, pays tribute to former Prime Minister
- Running and walking both good for your heart
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Gainsborough
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 8 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: North west