Ward 24 at Scunthorpe hospital has reopened to new admissions.
The ward was closed on May 20 following an outbreak of norovirus. Staff have worked hard to control the issue and a deep clean has taken place.
Visitors and staff who have been suffering from diarrhoea and/or vomiting are urged not to come to the hospital until they have been symptom free for 48 hours.
Advice to follow if you are affected:
· Follow good hygiene measures, including thorough hand washing, particularly after visiting the toilet
· Where possible, stay away from school or work until 48 hours after symptoms have stopped
· Drink plenty of fluids and rest to prevent dehydration
· Make sure that any surface contaminated by vomit or faeces is thoroughly disinfected after an episode of illness
· If symptoms worsen or persist for more than 48 hours, contact your family doctor or take advice from NHS 111.