ARE you always getting lost on the roads or would you just like a little extra help on car journeys?
Then you’re in luck, as The Gainsborough Standard has teamed up with residential letting agents and property management business Martin and Co to give you the chance to win a Garmin nüvi 40 Sat Nav - worth £89.99.
Martin & Co has recently carried out a survey on investment and first time buyers. A spokesman said: “Market research proves that although the number of first time buyers is at its highest since 2007, it’s still nearly 50 per cent lower than in 2006.”
The survey found that two thirds of respondents believe land and property are the best place to invest, compared to stocks and shares, pensions and savings.
“It’s finance which is holding people back - 67 per said it was the main reason stopping them owning their own home,” they said. “ It’s not a lack of motivation – over 95 per cent of respondents would give up buying some of the things they love in order to own a home. But the survey found little evidence that people are prepared to borrow from the bank of mum and dad as only five per cent of people would borrow from this source. Feelings were mixed toward estate agents with over a quarter (26.10 per cent) valuing their services but thinking they are quite expensive and almost one third (30.3 per cent) thought that estate agents are a waste of money.
For more information or to contact visit www.martinco.com or call 01427 611833
To help people find the right path in their search for a new home, Martin and Co have teamed up with The Standard to give you the chance to win a Garmin Sat Nav. Simply answer the following question: Q) According to the survey what is the most popular place for people to invest? a) Land and property, b) Stocks and shares, c) Pensions and savings?
Send your answer along with your name and daytime telephone number to: Sat Nav competition, 5 - 7 Market Place, Gainsborough, DN21 5BP or email email@example.com.
Entry closes 2nd February. Normal competition rules apply.
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Suspected murderer’s former Saxilby home is raided
- Gainsborough paedophile with animal porn placed on sex register
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Villagers’ shock at terror suspect Saxilby link
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Help For Heroes reaction to brutal killing of soldier in London
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Suspected murderer’s former home on Hotchkin Avenue in Saxilby is raided
- Teens praised for ‘hard work and dedication’
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Police warning over online comments
- Police appeal after 200-year-old flagons stolen
- Inside YOUR Gainsborough Standard this week (Thursday 11th April)
- Gainsborough MP, close friend of Margaret Thatcher, pays tribute to former Prime Minister
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Gainsborough
Sunday 26 May 2013
Temperature: 7 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 8 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 22 mph
Wind direction: South west