AMBITIOUS students at Gainsborough College need your help so they can complete a bold new project to build their own stock car.
Members of the automotive engineering class have just embarked on a new project to build the vehicle - but they need funding and sponsorship to get the job done.
Teacher Kevin Hare said that the students were keen to get stuck in to the worthwhile assignment.
“We’ve put together a project management team of level one and two students who are doing everything - including research, planning, public relations, budgeting, the works,” said Kevin.
“It’s all about the massive involvement of the students throughout the next two academic years. It’s a long term assignment and will prove very rewarding.”
He continued: “It’s an absolutely massive task and we have already secured a Ford Sierra for its engine, gear box, drive shaft and suspension - now that we’ve sourced it, we have to strip it.”
However, it’s just the first step, and the class still have a very long way to go.
“We’re quite happy to have found the car, but now we’re looking for local businesses to sponsor us,” said Kevin.
“We’re also after any bits of steel that people can provide as well as a cash injection. Anyone who can help will have their business advertised on the finished project.”
Once finished, the class hope to have built their own tandem stock car to take to open days and shows.
Kevin went on: “We’ve got some very talented kids here at Gainsborough College, and having this car to show off will really showcase what our students are capable of and can really do.”
“So many of our students are really excited about the car and are itching to get their hands on it.”
He added: “We would like to ask anyone who thinks that they can help out to please get in touch.”
“We’d love to set up a meeting to see what we can do for each other and we’re very much open to ideas and suggestions.”
For more information or to sponsor the Automotive Engineering class’ stock car project, you can contact Kevin Hare at Gainsborough College by calling 01427 617471.
Are YOU attempting a special project or event and looking for help or sponsorship in the Gainsborough area?
If so, you can let us know by calling 01427 615323 or emailing email@example.com.
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Suspected murderer’s former Saxilby home is raided
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Villagers’ shock at terror suspect Saxilby link
- Gainsborough paedophile with animal porn placed on sex register
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Help For Heroes reaction to brutal killing of soldier in London
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Suspected murderer’s former home on Hotchkin Avenue in Saxilby is raided
- Teens praised for ‘hard work and dedication’
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Police warning over online comments
- Inside YOUR Gainsborough Standard this week (Thursday 11th April)
- Gainsborough MP, close friend of Margaret Thatcher, pays tribute to former Prime Minister
- Running and walking both good for your heart
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Gainsborough
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 8 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: North west