Bolsover: Wheelie bin fire damages motorbike and property

Fire

Fire

0
Have your say

A fire that started in a wheelie bin spread to damage a motorbike and part of the front of a nearby house.

Fire crews were called to the property on Hill Top in Bolsover just after 1.15am this morning (Thursday, 24th October).

When they got there, they found the motorbike well alight and that flames had spread to the front of a nearby property, damaging an electicity box.

Police and the electricity board also attended the scene and the fire was out within the hour.

Initial investigations revealed the fire had started in a wheelie bin before spreading.

Fire crews left the scene just after 2.30am, but electicty board workers stayed to ensure the damaged electricity box was made safe.