THIS week’s photo goes back more than 60 years and is of the canteen staff at the Marshall’s engineering works in 1949.
Only two people can be identified and they are Mr Kenneth Frank Emerson (canteen manager) in the middle of the back row and Mrs Rowntree (centre of the front row) who, presumably, held some form of supervisory role.
So, If anybody out there knows anyone on the photo please get in contact with the Standard office in the Market Place or tel. 01427 615323.
In the photo of St John’s School Choir in 12th July edition on the front row sixth from the left is Pat Richardson (her Christian name was missing).