3rd May, 1912: JOHN ROBINSON MEMORIAL CHURCH CHOIR FESTIVAL
THE annual services in connection with the choir festival were held on Sunday, the Pastor, Rev J. A. Halfpenny, preaching morning and evening to good congregations.
It had been announced that Tom Willey, of Grimsby, was to be the principal soloist, but almost at the last moment owing to illness he was unable to fulfil his engagement. However, Mr Tom G. Patterson, of Cleethorpes, stepped into the breach and in every way proved to be an admirable substitute.
The musical portion of the services was very well rendered, the anthem in the evening “Thou that destroyest the temple” from Peace’s ”Darkness and Dawm” being sung tastefully and with expression.