WE feature another flood scene from 1947 as the subject of this week’s picture.
It’s taken from the junction of Trinity Street and Heaton Street looking down towards Heaton Street with Wembley Street going off to the left of the picture.
The houses in the centre of the picture were demolished in the 1960s to make way for flats.
The buildings to the right are still largely intact and the Half Moon pub can be seen centre right with its sign hanging from the building. Sadly, this pub, in line with many others, is currently out of use.
The low wall that can just be seen on the left is also no more and that area is now a car workshop and garage.