Trinity Street grocery shop
WE go back to around 1908 for this week’s picture.
It is of Mr H. Atkinson’s grocery shop on Trinity Street, near to the junction with Tooley Street. It was said the premises was noted for the smell of roasting coffee beans.
Note the horse and carriage parked near the shop. The driver can just be seen behind the horse and there is a lady sat at the front of the carriage.
Today the building is no longer a grocer’s shop, but otherwise it is virtually unchanged.
If you have any old pictures of Gainsborough and its people plese bring them into The Standard office in the Market Place and we will publish them in due course.
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Suspected murderer’s former Saxilby home is raided
- Gainsborough paedophile with animal porn placed on sex register
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Help For Heroes reaction to brutal killing of soldier in London
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Villagers’ shock at terror suspect Saxilby link
- Two arrested after mosque attacks
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Gainsborough
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 10 C
Wind Speed: 30 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 7 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North