Olympic fever burns on in Worksop
OLYMPIC fever is still going strong in and around Worksop as hundreds flocked to have their photo taken with the torch at a special fundraiser for Help For Heroes.
Olympic torchbearer and Help For Heroes regional coordinator Tony Eaton went along to the Worksop Max Spielmann store to pose for photos with the torch with shoppers and passers by.
“I was really surprised by how many people came along,” he said.
“There were lots of kids who wanted to see it and then the adults surely followed.”
He continued: “We raised over £100 and it’s clear to see that everyone is still gripped by Olympic fever - and there are still plenty of events to come.”
“People are always coming up to me who want to see the torch - and that enthusiasm is a great thing to see.”
Tony added: “I just want to say a huge thank you to everyone at Max Spielmann and to the general public - you’ve all been fantastic at dipping down into your pockets to support Help for Heroes.”
“As always, the good people of Bassetlaw have shown great generosity.”
- For more information or to make a donation to Help for Heroes you can visit www.helpforheroes.org.uk or call 01725 514 130.
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Suspected murderer’s former Saxilby home is raided
- Gainsborough paedophile with animal porn placed on sex register
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Villagers’ shock at terror suspect Saxilby link
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Help For Heroes reaction to brutal killing of soldier in London
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Suspected murderer’s former home on Hotchkin Avenue in Saxilby is raided
- Teens praised for ‘hard work and dedication’
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Police warning over online comments
- Police appeal after 200-year-old flagons stolen
- Inside YOUR Gainsborough Standard this week (Thursday 11th April)
- Gainsborough MP, close friend of Margaret Thatcher, pays tribute to former Prime Minister
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Gainsborough
Sunday 26 May 2013
Temperature: 7 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 8 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 22 mph
Wind direction: South west