Masons donate to worthy causes
GAINSBOROUGH Heritage Society and local St Barnabas Hospice are celebrating after receiving a huge cash injection of funding.
The Worshipful Master of Yarborough Lodge Stephen Riding, which meets at the Masonic Temple on North Marsh Road Gainsborough, presented two cheques to the value of £500 each to Sue Robinson from Saint Barnabas Hospice and Sue Edlington from The Gainsborough Heritage Society.
Stephen Riding said: “This is part of £68,000 which has been donated this Year to local charities and good cause by The Masonic Province Of Lincolnshire.’’
Whether you want to look up your ancestors, research one of the big Gainsborough employers, or simply look at old photos of the town, it can all be done at the new Heritage Centre in the old post office building on North Street.
To contact Gainsborough Heritage Association you can call 01427 612030 or go to www.gainsboroughheritage.com.
- Have YOU raised some charity cash and want to spread the word? Get in touch and let us know.
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Suspected murderer’s former Saxilby home is raided
- Gainsborough paedophile with animal porn placed on sex register
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Villagers’ shock at terror suspect Saxilby link
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Help For Heroes reaction to brutal killing of soldier in London
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Suspected murderer’s former home on Hotchkin Avenue in Saxilby is raided
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Gainsborough
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 9 C
Wind Speed: 32 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 6 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North